Saturday 25 August 2007

VARIOUS ARTISTS 'HALLAM FOE O.S.T.' (DOMINO)

1. Blue Boy - Orange Juice
2. Here On My Own - U.N.P.O.C.
3. The Someone Else - King Creosote
4. Broken Bones - Sons And Daughters
5. Double Shadow - Junior Boys
6. If You Could Read Your Mind - Clinic
7. Battle At The Gates Of Dub - Future Pilot AKA
8. Lines Low To Frozen Ground - Hood
9. Hallam Foe Dandelion Blow - Franz Ferdinand
10. Tricycle - Psapp
11. Surf Song - James Yorkston And The Athletes
12. Also In White - Bill Wells Trio
13. Salvese Quien Pueda - Juana Molina
14. They Nicknamed Me Evil - Cinema
15. I Hope That You Get What You Want - Woodbine
16. Ocean Song - Movietone

"David Mackenzie’s Hallam Foe is already being billed as the British film of the summer and while I haven’t even seen the trailer it’s already embedded in my consciousness. Why? Well, I’m assuming it’s either the high profile ad campaign or Domino’s in house PR department prodding me about the film’s soundtrack, which made is up exclusively of their artists.
As any Wes Anderson fan will know, there’s something truly thrilling about hearing a cracking song at exactly the right point in a great film. Hallam Foe certainly has the songs but will it be a great film? Ask me next month."

No comments: