Friday 10 August 2007

JENS LEKMAN 'NIGHT FALLS OVER KORTEDALA'

And I Remember Every Kiss
Sipping On the Sweet Nectar
The Opposite of Hallelujah
A Postcard to Nina
Into Eternity
I'm Leaving You Because I Don't Love You
If I Could Cry (it would feel like this)
Your Arms Around Me
Shirin
It Was a Strange Time in My Life
Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig
Friday Night at the Drive-In Bingo

"Jens Lekman opens Night Falls Over Kortedala with the sure step of an artist in complete command of his creative self. Imbued with epic grandeur, "And I Remember Every Kiss" fades in with a melancholy timpani roll, a stirring string section and Jens crooning with every wistful bone in his body. After the first verse, the strings passionately swell into a wall of sound and - with one gravity-defying pass-through - Jens delivers his death blow to cynicism by declaring, "And I would never kiss anyone / Who doesn't burn me like the sun / And I remember every kiss like my first kiss;" illustrating just why many consider him one of the most important of the hopeful broken hearts coming of age in contemporary music. Like a modern day Chet Baker, Jens absolutely loves to sing about heartache." Secretly Canadian

No comments: